Thursday, July 17, 2008

7-17-08 Day 20 Denali to Talkeetna











Woke up to find overnight rain and very overcast. We load up, check out and stop for breakfast just down the street and it's still cold & gloomy. After breakfast we all put the rain gear on and within a few miles it's coming down pretty good. After about 3 hours of the raw & cold (45 degrees) rain we pull into Talkeetna and decide to call it a day. We find a place with WiFi and cell service is back! which is why I'm catching up with my posts. I've added a few more pics from yesterday such as the narrow road cut into the mountainside, another grizzly pic of a mother with her cubs and Watson Lake with it's deep blue water. The weather forecast is not pretty for the foreseeable future but we've had that before and the forecasters here are about as accurate as at home. Stay tuned for more.

3 comments:

William Kenny said...

Gorgeous pictures!
Compliments to the photographer!

The beauty of the region has been evident in everything you've shared along the journey and helps remind me, as a guest, how spectacular our 49th state really is in terms of beauty.
It also reminds me how much (more) I envy all of you for a truly magical expedition. Thanks for letting me hitch a ride!

clinct said...

Thanks Evert from a friend of Joe's for taking the time to keep us updated. I also agree with dweeb compliments to the photographer. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Evert,

What an adventure! Someday I'll get to Alaska, but in the meantime I am enjoying reading your blog and looking at the pictures.

Take care and have a safe trip back.

Rosa