Wednesday, August 6, 2008

8-5-08 Day 39 Clarion, PA to Norwich, CT The end of the adventure!




Left the hotel about 7:25 am. The skies were heavily overcast and the air was thick. The weather report was calling for heavy rain later in the day so we knew we had to outrun it. We headed east on 80 and the skies got clearer as we progressed east. Temps started in the 60's and got up to the low 80's with the sun out. I got Sirius radio before I left and they have 24 hour traffic & weather for the major cities. I was listening to New York to find out which way we would go. We had 3 choices. 80/81/84 through Scranton, 80/278/TappanZee or 80/95 GW Bridge which is the quickest if traffic isn't a problem. The report said the GW was clear eastbound so we went for it and it was perfect. Westbound was backed up to past co-op city. Mark & I parted company in Bridgeport for him to go up to Prospect where he lives. I continue on 95 and of course they closed 95 at the Saybrook bridge due to an accident so I had to go up 9 and cross at the Goodspeed and take 82 home. Got home about 4:30 after stopping to visit my mom. I'll put together 1 more post with statistics and thoughts on the trip but it'll take a few days to get to that. It's always nice to be home!

2 comments:

William Kenny said...

Welcome Back and thanks for sharing the adventure every step of the way!
I promise, in your absence, we've changed nothing...absolutely nothing. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I promise, in your absence, we've changed nothing...absolutely nothing.

___________________
Smarry
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels